“Indonesian FOOTURE (Food & Culture) Festival”
Indonesian FOOTURE Festival is organised to promote Indonesia to the international community in East Anglia. This includes lectures on Indonesian cultural and culinary heritage, Balinese dance workshop, Tempeh workshop, Indonesian movie screening, and a mini food festival. On the day, we will introduce Tempeh as an affordable, healthy, delicious, and sustainable food, originally from our country. Tempeh is a nutritious vegetarian, made from fermented soybeans.
This event will coincide with a national day back home that commemorates Kartini, our emancipator in women rights and education. So, we will use this opportunity to allow the participants of the event to donate to the women and children education programme in Genyem Village, Papua.
The agenda is below:*
- 10.00-10.15: Re-registration and coffee
- 10.15-10.40: Opening remarks
- 10.40-12.10: Balinese dance workshop (Putu Geniki Natih, PhD student, University of Oxford)
- 12.10-13.00: Lunch
- 13.00-14.30: Tempeh workshop (Amadeus Driando Ahnan, Masters-PhD student, UMass Amherst, USA)
- 14.30-15.50: Lectures on Indonesia
- 15.50-16.05: Coffee break
- 16.05-18.00: Indonesian movie viewing
- 18.00-20.00: Culinary and Batik bazaar
*Please feel free to come to any activities you’d like although we expect the participants to stay through the day to get the whole idea of the event. Therefore, please kindly note that lunch is only provided for the full-day participants.
Culinary and Batik Bazaar
Ticket: £5 (including 4 tokens)
Tokens are to exchange for stuff sold in the bazaar
Extra tokens can be purchased for £1 each
Any vendors who would like to participate, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org