The last version and valid constitution of the Cambridge Indonesia Association can be downloaded here. By becoming a member you agree to abide by our constitution.
Cambridge Indonesia Association Constitution
How we use your personal information – Cambridge Indonesia Association
This statement explains how the Cambridge Indonesia Association (“we”, “us” and “our”) handles and uses the personal information we collect about our members for processes relating to our operations and activities.
When changes are made to this statement, we will publish the updated version on our website and email it to you.
The controller for your personal information is the Cambridge Indonesia Association. The person responsible for data protection within our society is the President who can be contacted at email@example.com
How we use your personal information
We collect and process your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- Maintaining your personal details (e.g. your name, photograph, membership number and preferred contact details), including ensuring effective communications with you.
- Keeping financial records (e.g. payment of your membership fees).
- Maintaining a formal record of your activities with us.
- Undertaking research into our activities.
- Managing complaints made to us.
- Managing society alumni relations and fundraising.
- Publishing photographs for publication purposes.
Our normal legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, which you gave at the point you become a member of the society and which you can withdraw at any time, including by resigning your membership.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it, and usually for 3 after your membership ceases.
How we share your personal information
- Personal information is not normally shared outside of the society and its members.
- We share some of your personal information with the University, only where there is a specific need.
- We publish pictures of events which may include photographs of you on our website or other media for publication purposes.
- We may share pictures of events which may include photographs of you with other UK or overseas organizations we are affiliated with (e.g other Indonesian Associations and Embassy of Republic of Indonesia in London).
- We use hosting and cloud services, which may be located overseas, to store electronic copies of your personal information.
- We may share your personal information with a third party. In such cases, we will ask for your explicit consent prior to transmitting this information.
We may also be subject to a legal requirement (with or without your consent) to share your personal information with the University or a government agency (such as the police or security services or other statutory authorities with investigatory powers) under special circumstances (e.g. relating to tax, crime or health and safety). Where feasible and appropriate, we will notify you of our intention to share such information in advance.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or communications, or ask us in advance for your photographs to be excluded, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us. Please note that all of these rights are qualified in various ways.
If you have questions or concerns about how your personal information is used, please contact us using the above details.
If you remain unhappy with the way your information is being handled, or with the response received from us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk/).
Last updated: 1 October 2018